Peaks to Prairies Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Peaks to Prairies is the electric vehicle charging network coming to southern Alberta in 2019. The Project is an innovative regional approach that was initiated in 2016 by a collaborative group of partners including - The City of Calgary, SouthGrow Regional Initiative, Alberta SouthWest Regional Alliance, City of Lethbridge, City of Medicine Hat and Medicine Hat College.
November, 2020 Update: ATCO is pleased to announce that we now have all twenty Electric Vehicle fast charging stations along the Peaks to Prairies Network. We welcome you to visit one of the growing list of locations, listed below and try a Level 2 or Level 3 fast charger with your electric vehicle today.
Electric Vehicle stations energized and operational:
- Bearspaw: 100 Nakoda Way, Kananaskis, AB
- Blairmore: 10505 20 Ave, Blairmore, AB
- Brooks: 1240 Cassils Place East, Brooks, AB
- Calgary: 735 Na'a Drive SW, Calgary, AB
- Calgary: 180 Stewart Green SW, Calgary, AB
- Calgary: 33 Heritage Meadows Way SE, Calgary, AB
- Canmore: 718 7th Street, Canmore, AB
- Cardston: 555 Main St, Cardston, AB
- Claresholm: 5008 1st Street West, Claresholm, AB
- Fort MacLeod: 245 24 St, Fort MacLeod
- Lethbridge: 801 1 Ave South, Lethbridge, AB
- Longview: 100 Morrison Road, Longview, AB
- Medicine Hat: 3292 Dunmore Rd SE, AB
- Milk River: 205 Railway St, Milk River, AB
- Nanton: 2114 19 St., Nanton, AB
- Pincher Creek: 750 Kettles St, Pincher Creek, AB
- Rocky View County: 261055 CrossIron Blvd, Rocky View County, AB
- Taber: 4712 50 St, Taber, AB
- Vulcan: 115 Centre St East, Vulcan, AB
- Waterton: 106 Waterton Ave, Waterton Park, AB
why is this project happening?
The Partners recognized an opportunity to accelerate electric vehicle tourism in the region with an approach that would see positive benefits to communities through economic development and emission reductions. Further, the commitment to power the network of stations with local, renewable energy, highlights the resources that exist in the region.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- With seed funding from the Partners, Peaks to Prairies has been additionally funded by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and the Government of Alberta.
- The $2 Million project will see 20 Direct Current Fast Chargers (DCFC) and Level 2 stations installed throughout the region.
- Long term ownership and operation of the charging infrastructure will be carried out by ATCO.
- Each station will be powered by ATCOenergy using renewable energy sourced from southern Alberta.
- The stations will operate on the FLO network.
WHAT IS ATCO’S ROLE IN THE PROJECT?
ATCO was the successful proponent of a competitive bid process. With experience installing EV charging infrastructure on the Highway 2 Calgary-Edmonton Universal Fast Charge Corridor, ATCO is leading the charge in electrifying transportation in Alberta.
ATCOenergy is proud to play a role in supporting a cleaner future for communities in Alberta. Providing electricity to the EV charging stations is just one of the ways we’re working to bring innovation energy products and solutions to our province.
We are excited to bring our expertise and enthusiasm to this project as we continue to support electric travel to and throughout the region.
Learn more about what ATCO is doing to support the Electric Vehicle community in Alberta.